Dr Kavitha strives to maintain quality in the laboratory and is passionate about diagnostic microbiology, particularly those that aid in rapid diagnosis in clinical microbiology and make a difference to patient management. She has also been part of collaborative research projects and Infection control activities. Dr Kavitha’s dedication to the field has earned her recognition as an expert in microbiology, and her contributions to the industry have made a significant impact on healthcare.
- July 2017 – Till date : Sr. Consultant Microbiologist and Head, Laboratory Services, MVR Cancer Centre and Research Institute, Kozhikode
- October 2016- July 2017 : Professor and Head, Dept. of Microbiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- April 2006 –Sept 2016 : Professor , Dept. of Microbiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi , In charge of Microbiology Service laboratory Aug 2009-Sept 2016.
- May 2003-March 2006 : Associate professor, Dept. of Microbiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- June 02 to April 03 : Reader, Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram
- March 96 to May 02: Lecturer -Assistant professor – Associate professor in the Dept. of Microbiology at Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore