For Appointment(+91) 495 2289500,2289505,7199525
For Emergency(+91) 495 2289531
Make a Difference
Cancer has become one of the ten leading causes of death in India. The large-scale morbidity and mortality of cancer is easily reversible with well-planned cancer education, organized screening, and early detection programs.
Reduce the incidence, morbidity and mortality related to cancer in the population through a cancer screening program to detect cancers and pre-cancerous conditions in their early stages, thereby ensuring appropriate treatment leading to a greater chance of cure, better survival and quality of life.
1) To raise public awareness regarding prevention of cancer and its early signs and symptoms in the general population.
2) To ensure detection of cancer and pre cancer conditions as early as possible
3) To enable an equitable access to the program for the target population
4) Facilitate the provision of high quality and appropriate diagnostic and treatment services to the participants
5) To collect and analyse data for participant follow up, further research and evaluation of the program
The cancer screening program comprises of two components
✦ A community based screening program
✦ A hospital-based screening program
COMMUNITY BASED SCREENING PROGRAM
1) Cancer prevention
other print and visual media.
2) Early detection of cancer and pre cancer conditions
✦ Conducting community based cancer screening camps with “Wheels of Hope” -Mobile Cancer Screening Unit.
Cancer screening camps are conducted in two stages
Primary screening of the target population by trained volunteers.
Screening camps by health professionals for the participants selected from the primary screening procedure.
Follow up and treatment of the subjects that require further evaluation.
✦ Training of volunteers in identifying early signs and symptoms of cancer, conducting surveys and educating the public.
3) Enabling equitable access
✦ Collaboration with Local self-government institutions (LSGIs), Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and Community
based organisations (CBOs) to enable equitable access of the program to the target population irrespective of
their geographic, socioeconomic or cultural differences.
HOSPITAL BASED SCREENING PROGRAM
CanCare - An opportunistic screening program in the hospital strictly based on an individual subject’s request to be screened.
The program will be evaluated in terms of its acceptability, cost effectiveness, quality assurance and outcome.
✦ Process indicators – no. of awareness sessions conducted, no. of camps conducted, no. of training sessions, participation rate, etc.
✦ Outcome indicators – change in awareness and knowledge in the population, screening positivity rate, cancer detection rate, follow up rate, etc