15 Apr 2022
- Community based cancer screening camps with “Wheels of Hope” – Mobile Cancer Screening Unit
- CanCare – In hospital opportunistic cancer screening facilities.
- Cancer awareness classes/ seminars/ lectures/ talks.
- Volunteer training in cancer prevention and control.
- Hospital based cancer registry
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.