Psycho-oncology department provides psychological care to the needy cancer patients and their caregivers to improve the mental health, physical health and quality of life.
- Routine distress screening and management
- Psychological screening and assessments
- Diagnosis and management of psychological disorders
- Pre and post cancer treatment counselling
- Palliative Care Counselling
- Rehabilitation and survivorship counselling
- Family counselling
- Caregiver support and counselling
- Facilitating and organising support group meetings
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.