The Department of Pulmonary medicine plays a pivotal role in oncology care. Our dedicated team is proficient in managing acute and chronic lung disorders in cancer patients. Expertise in Interventional Pulmonology aids in screening and early diagnosis of lung cancer and deal with complications of cancer like central airway obstruction with minimally invasive technique.
- Management of acute and chronic lung diseases
- Asthma and COPD Clinic
- Pulmonary function test lab
- Smoking cessation clinic.
Interventional Pulmonology :
- Bronchoscopy [Flexible and rigid bronchoscopy]
- Central airway tumor debulking
- Tracheobronchial stenting
- Bronchopleural fistula closure
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Indwelling Pleural catheter
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.