The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine comprises a team of anaesthesiologists providing preoperative evaluation, intraoperative optimisation and postoperative care.
All of them are professionally qualified and have gained experience in perioperative management of patients. The operation theatres are equipped with highly advanced anesthesia workstations.
- Well-designed operation theatre complex incorporating eight operation theatres with HEPA filters, laminar flow and anesthesia gas scavenging system
- Cath lab
- Spacious and naturally lit induction bay
- Pre-operative and post-operative areas
- OT pharmacy
- Discussion room
- Recreation room for doctors and staff
- Utility areas
- Preanesthetic clinic 6 days a week for outpatients
- 24×7 emergency service with consultant backup for emergency surgery requirements
- Supports Radiology suite (MRI, CT, and PET), Endoscopy suite, LINAC and Brachytherapy suites
- Intrathecal injection of chemotherapeutic agents and bonemarrow aspiration in paediatric patients
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.