Tobacco Cessation Clinic
Tobacco Cessation Clinic (TCC) provides evidence-based standard psychological and pharmacological interventions to help the needy quit tobacco use.
- Screening and assessment of tobacco dependence
- Screening and assessment for tobacco-related cancers among tobacco users
- Tobacco cessation counseling and/or pharmacological management for tobacco dependence
- Organizing public awareness programs on tobacco use and its ill effects
- Facilitating tobacco quitters support group meeting
- Organizing tobacco-related cancer screening camps in the community
- Organizing tobacco cessation workshop and training programs for health and allied health professional
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.