Clinical Microbiology Laboratory performs diagnostic services, handling clinical samples for culture and sensitivity, microscopy, serological studies and syndromic molecular testing.
- BacT Alert automated blood culture system
- Vitek 2 automated bacterial, fungal, identification, and susceptibility systems
- Vidas, automated benchtop immune analyzer
- Biofire Filmarra, a fast and simple automated multiplex PCR system
- Mycology (Fungal infections
- Mycobacteriology (Tuberculosis)
- Serology including viral serology
- Molecular diagnostics
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.