Other facilities:15 Apr 2022
- Daycare Surgery Units (the patient enters the hospital to be operated on in the morning and leaves the same day) is developing and is one of the priorities for the coming years. The idea is for the patient to return to their usual environment more rapidly, which is more reassuring for them.
- The anesthetics team is trained in the most innovative techniques.
- State-of-the-art Endoscopic unit for diagnostic procedures and therapeutic procedures like stenting, polypectomy, etc.
- Psycho-oncology unit for the pre-and post-operative counseling.
- Support of allied departments such as Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Dietary and Ostomy Care units.
- Minimally invasive surgical unit, which performs all, laparoscopic surgeries especially in Colorectal and Gynecological Oncology units.
Respectfully called MVR, the late MV Raghavan was one of the revolutionary leaders of the Communist movement in Kerala. Born in an ordinary family in Pappinissery, Kannur, his political life began in his early teens. He served two terms as Minister of Co-operation and Ports in Kerala during 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. MVR revolutionized the co-operative sector by taking the people-powered movement to healthcare and education in the State. MV Raghavan realized the role of the co-operative movement in social development and job creation and he was instrumental in setting up various institutions in the state.